Audition day Sat 8 September 2018 from 10:00 @ Eventcity.
- Vocal solo
- Vocal group
- Vocal & Band
- Instrumental solo
- Instrumental Band
- Stand-up comedy
- Magic& related performance
- ROCK & ROLL
- BACKGROUND / INSTRUMENTAL/ACOUSTIC
A panel of four judges will evaluate each performance.
A decision will be made immediately after or during the performance whilst the participant is still on stage.
- Entries only for 18 and over.
- NO KARIOKE!!!!!
- Entries are free.
- Entries only for stipulated categories and genres.
- Any Participant may enter in more than one genre or category.
- Entry forms are be available for download on www
- Entries must be done via entry form and submitted by mail to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (complete form and scan and mail please) or per hand at SHOCKWAVE MUSIC STORE (att: Gerard)
- Rules and entry forms can be downloaded from: https://wp.me/s91ZkQ-contest
- Each participant will be granted a max of 10 minutes preparation and a max of 4 minutes to perform his act.
- Backtracks may be used.
- The auditions will be open for the public.
- Basic sound equipment (Amps and mixers) and sound engineer will be supplied.
- Bands that enter will discuss their setup time and time slot with the judges before the auditions will commence.
- The artist himself must supply any other equipment that is required for the audition.
- The judges will evaluate on the following basis:
- Commercial value – i.e. would your act/song be suitable at corporate, private, public events etc.
- Technical – how good is your voice control/ instrument control/ use of mic and props etc.
- Interaction with audience/judges
- Use of sound equipment, mic, instruments etc.
- It is recommended that any music (voice& instrumental) auditions be done with a well-known cover song. A self-composed song might be to your disadvantage as it might be difficult to evaluate. (Remember it is not a talent/ art competition)
- Should the judges be uncertain about a participants performance they may request a second performance on the spot.
- Should the Judges have a split decision or cannot decide on a winner in a category a play-off will be arranged to determine the winner for that category. In such a case, the participants will be required to do a different song/performance.
- Prizes will be awarded on the judges sole discretion
- Judges decisions will be final.
- INHOUSE CONTRACT WITH EVENTCITY TO PERFORM AT EVENTS HOSTED BOTH INHOUSE AND OUTSIDE AS PER DEMAND WITH APPLICABLE FEE.
- PROMOTION AND EXPOSURE VIA EVENTCITY.
- PRIZE AS PER DOBE ENTERTAINMENT WICH INCLUDES PRODUCTION OF DEMO CD AND MUSIC VIDEO AS WELL AS ONLINE DISTRIBUTION.
- PHOTO SHOOT BY PHOTO DEPICTION FOR SONG COVER MATERIAL.
- CASH PRIZE (R5000)
(Prizes will be awarded on the judge’s sole discretion)
ORGANISER : Ben van der Merwe
Download the Official entry here, complete and send via email to email@example.com