On the 15th of June 2021, the Presidency moved the Country back to Lockdown Level 3. This was anticipated by the majority of the country and accordingly, amendments to existing regulations were necessitated.
As with previous changes to the regulations, we have created a combined and updated set of the COVID-19 Regulations in terms of the Disaster Management Act, which can be downloaded here:
The major changes between the previous lockdown level are summarized as follows:
- Children under the age of six (6) years old will now be required to wear masks while in public;
- Curfew will be between 22h00 and 04h00 daily;
- Change to the wording of the Permit required to travel during curfew (Download Here);
- Alcohol sales will no longer be allowed on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays; and
- Gatherings are now limited to fifty (50) persons for indoor- and one hundred (100) persons for outdoor events.
The impact of theses amendments on businesses which are allowed to operate should be minimal, however Employers are advised of the changes to OHSA Directives which took effect on the 11th of June 2021 (Read our article here).
For more information or assistance in ensuring that your workplace remains compliant, please contact HR City.
Eben van Deventer 082 412 2845 firstname.lastname@example.org
AJ van Niekerk 079 890 4411 email@example.com
Elri de Bruin 082 753 5695 firstname.lastname@example.org
Riané Smith 071 687 1485 email@example.com
Conrad Luus 072 624 3410 firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay up to date, please subscribe to our COVID-19 Updates.